The lovely people over at Judge have sent me some of their gorgeous double walled glasses to test out this week. There’s plenty of great features, but the best? They’re the perfect size for microwave mug cakes! Or in this case, a rich and gooey caramel choc chip brownie. I warn you though, approach this recipe with caution – it’s very dangerous for your waistline!
Here is what you will need to make 1 serving.
- 2 tbsp (30g) Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Caramel (or Dulce De Leche)
- 250ml Microwavable Mug or Glass
Place the butter in a small bowl & microwave for 20 seconds or so until melted.
Top with half the caramel. (1 tbsp.)
600W – 50 seconds
800W – 30 seconds
1000W – 25 seconds
Then top with the remaining 1 tbsp of chocolate chips & place back into the microwave for another 30 seconds.
You may need to do this in 10-15 second intervals to prevent it from spilling over the edges.
If you like, top with more caramel & dust with a little cocoa powder to finish. Or you can just devour it straight away!
I have to admit, I’m very impressed with these Judge glasses. The double walled concept has quite a few benefits. For example, with hot contents, the heat stays trapped within the glass but the outside wall just stays warm to the touch. Great for handling & making it ideal for hot drinks or hot desserts like this microwave cake. Alternatively, with cold contents, you don’t get that annoying condensation dripping all over the place. Fantastic for those hot Summer days when you want an ice cold drink! They’re also microwave & dishwasher friendly which is ideal for the modern day family.
So how would you like to get your hands on some of these wonderful glasses for yourself?
This spectacular prize worth over £55 consists of:
- 4 x Double Walled Glass Tumblers
- a 26cm Ceramic Mixing Bowl, which also doubles up as a gorgeous serving bowl. A perfect size & quality for when you want to make double batches or serve large quantities of delicious snacks at parties.
- a Fine Mesh Shaker. A convenient little kitchen must have, ideal for sprinkling cocoa powder or icing sugar onto any dessert you like.
- a Silicone Scraper with stainless steel handle & a handy hanging loop.
All you have to do to be in with a chance is one of the following:
Not on social media? No problem!
3. Subscribe to my blog via e-mail or WordPress (on the right hand side of the page) and leave a comment on this post to say you’ve done so.
Competition is open to UK residents only and closes on Easter Monday 6th April at 7pm.
The winner will be announced on both Facebook & Twitter shortly after.
I hope you enjoyed the post my lovelies, and good luck!